Ashley - 2020 Public Summary

Completed on August 26, 2020



Ashley is a Graduate fromThe King’s University with a BSc. in Computing Science.  She worked with the Soul Wellness and IT teams this summer.  She is hoping to eventually get work in the web development field in the future.


This summer I have been working in a leadership type role in both Soul Care and IT.  Majority of my work for the first half of my term was planning, setting up, and attending meetings.  I have also been assigning work to employees and checking in on how their work is going.  An example of this is transferring a classroom assignment workabilities from a spreadsheet to a google form.  I started the form and made sure it was wanted but then had another finish off the form after the template was agreed upon.  The Soul Wellness, Alpha group is where I have mainly been leading a group through a video series with a discussion afterwards.  I have had help running this group to help members discuss their opinions on the topics brought up in each session.  In the IT team for the first half I mostly focused on google classrooms than on projects in blogger.  I have helped not only set up the classrooms but also figure out how to get certain assignments to work in google like forms that we realized we needed to add a name question unlike other assignments as forms keeps this separate from the classroom and without we have to figure out when they were filled out to connect who had submitted the answers.  I have also created some assignment forms/sheets as needed like a fillable monthly planner document.  Not only have I helped in putting classrooms together but am also taking some of the courses.  For the second half of my work term I slowly took on more responsibilities as other people finished for the summer. 

 

I had more of a leadership role in Soul Care and Soul Wellness as the original heads of the team finished.  This was mainly figuring out what was finished and what still needed to be done before IT could post the research to the Soul Wellness Blog.  I slowly took over updating any blogs with items left as I was the last member of the IT team.  I worked on using Mailchimp to send out newsletters for our different networks.  I also helped work on creating the Certificate template used for employees that completed any courses they were enrolled in.  


No comments:

Post a Comment